Roasted Vegetable Panzanella Salad
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olio D'Natalia (excellent quality extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 batch of homemade cornbread (see recipe)
- 2 tbsps juice from fresh meyer lemon
- 8 ozs small mozzarella balls
- 8 fresh basil leaves cut into chiffonade
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
Preheat your oven to 425 F.
Combine the onion, yellow squash, zucchini on a baking sheet. On a separate baking sheet, combine the carrots, parsnips and butternut squash. Season both baking sheets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Be sure to spread the vegetables out into an even layer to prevent steaming.
Roast the pan with the onions, squash & zucchini for 25-30 minutes. Roast the pan with the carrots, parsnips and butternut squash for about 45 minutes. Allow all the vegetables to cool.
Meanwhile, cut the cornbread into 1-inch cubes and arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes. All to cool.
In a small jar, shake 1/4 cup Olio D'Natalia, meyer lemon juice, salt & pepper.
Place all the cooled vegetables, garbanzo beans, cornbread in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Gently toss in the mozzarella balls, salt & pepper and basil. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour. This will all the flavors to marry and soak nicely into the cornbread.
Delicious! Enjoy! Natalia