1) Melt the butter in a pan over medium - high heat
2) Remove the flavor packet from the ramen and break the noodles up. I use a rolling pin to smash them around a little.
3) Add the uncooked ramen, almonds, and sunflower seeds to the pan and saute until toasted light brown. (3-4 minutes but watch it, don't let it burn) Let cool...
4) In a glass jar with a lid, shake together the brown sugar, salt, rice vinegar, oil.
5) Put all the chopped and sliced salad veggies in a large bowl. Add the toasted crunch mix and pour desired amount of dressing all over. Toss, toss, toss until everything is fully coated.
6) For your protein, in this case I am using shrimp, but obviously you can do whatever you prefer; chicken, steak, tofu.... I heat the sesame oil on high heat in another pan or on my griddle for a minute or two, when it is nice and hot, I add the shrimp and splash with some soy sauce while it is cooking. This takes just a few minutes, 3-4? Not much. I add it to the salad *right after* it is cooked. I think the warmth of the shrimp helps open up more flavors throughout.
7) We like sasame seeds sprinkled on top.