Wild Rice Casserole
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup parsley, finely minced
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsps fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
Preheat your oven to 325.
Get out your most favorite 9 x 11 casserole baking dish - ideally one that is pretty enough to serve directly from.
In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and cheese. Set aside.
In a medium bown, whish together egg, milk, oil, salt, pepper.
Pour the egg & milk mixture into the rice mixture. Carefully stir together until well incorporated.
Pour this into your casserole dish and spread out so it is even.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 350.
Evenly sprinkle the cornflakes on top of the casserole.
Bake for 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve warm.