Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 1/2 lbs unpeeled eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 lb unpeeled zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ozs button mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup excellent quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 10 ozs no boil lasagna noodles
- 16 ozs fresh whole-milk ricotta
- 8 ozs creamy herbed goat cheese (at room temp)
- 2 large eggs (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella, very thinly sliced
- 1 jar of Natalia's Sweet Potato Tomato Sauce
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, dried oregano, minced garlic, 1 tbsp salt & 1.5 tsp ground pepper.
Preheat your oven to 375 F. Place the eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms in a single layer on 203 greased sheet pans (or lined with parchment paper). Liberally brush the vegetables with the herbed oil mixture. Roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and lower the temperature to 350 F.
Combine the ricotta, goat cheese, eggs, basil and 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan, 1.5 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp ground pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly, until well combined.
Spread 1 cup of Natalia's Sweet Potato Tomato Sauce in a 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Arrange a third of the vegetables on top, then layer the noodles, then a third of the sliced mozzarella, and a third of the ricotta mixture in large dallops between the mozzeralla. Repeat two more times, beginning with the sweet potato tomato sauce. Spread the last portion of the sweet potato tomato sauce and then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
Bake for 1 hour, until the lasagna is browned and bubbly. All to rest for 10 minutes before serving.